1. Dial: 1-800-246-7602 or the telephone number assigned to you
2. Enter your 4-digit Customer Code
3. Optional: If prompted, please enter your 2-digit Location Code:
For a list of location codes used by your facility please contact your administrator
4. Optional: If prompted, please enter 2-digit Job Type
For a list of Job Types used by your facility please contact your administrator
5. Optional: If prompted, please enter Medical Record Number followed by # key.
6. Optional: If prompted, please enter Patient Account Number followed by # key.
7. Start dictating by pressing the 2 key.
8. When mentioning a name (i.e. patient, hospital, uncommon drug, etc.) spell the name including Last name, First name and Visit number/Accession number .
9. After you have completed the dictation, Press 5 to save the file. You could obtain a Job Number/Confirmation Number by pressing # before pressing 5; you can then press 5 to save the file.
10. System will now prompt for the priority of the dictation: Normal dictation–Press 1, High Priority (STAT) –Press 2
11. To dictate more reports for the same Location Code and Job Type, perform tasks 5 thru 10.
Using Keypad Functions on the Dictation Server
Note: Typical Keypad Functions are shown below. Keypad Functions are customized at times to meet customer requirements.
To Record: Press 2
A tone will sound alerting you that recording has begun. The record function begins recording at the current position of the voice file so that it is important to be positioned at the end of a file when recording unless you wish to insert dictation.
To Pause: Press 4
Pausing dictation places the line in idle mode. When idle, a beep will sound periodically.
If the system remains in IDLE mode for longer than 5 minutes, your call will disconnect due to inactivity.
Play Back Recorded Dictation: Press 1
This function rewinds approximately one second and plays the dictation. To rewind further before playing back the dictation, press 3, or go to the beginning of the recording by pressing 8.
Rewind (Review): Press 3
Press three to rewind for three seconds, and play back the dictation. Press 3 repeatedly to rewind as far back as desired.
Fast Forward: Press 7
Pressing 7 fast-forwards the recording three seconds and then continues playing the dictation.
Beginning of File: Press 8
Press 8 to move to the beginning of the current dictation file and play back the entire recording.
End of File: Press 6
Press 6 to move to the end of the current dictation file.
It is important to move to the end of a file when appending dictation so that previous dictation is not overwritten.
Abort Job: Press 9
This aborts the current dictation file.
Save: Press 5
This will save the current dictation. It will then prompt you to save the job as normal priority dictation or “STAT” (high) priority dictation. Select the appropriate option to complete the job. Once dictation has been saved, it is ready to be transcribed and you will no longer be able to retrieve it.
Job Number/Confirmation Number: Press #
This pauses the dictation and gives you a confirmation number when recording a dictation. You can continue recording by pressing 2 (Record) or continue with any other function listed on this page.